Today I've been testing the blouse pattern I drafted from my saran block. So far, it's going slowly, as I keep having to do other things. I'm using a slate blue suedecloth, quite lightweight, with no give at all. That's important, as I want to see whether the pattern works itself, not whether it works if I have enough give in the fabric I choose. I added a stand-up lapel collar to the basic pattern, and an overlap for buttons. It will have long sleeves without cuffs. If this works well, I may use the pattern in my SWAP.
I've posted photos of my
SWAP fabrics and some of the patterns I will use. I have about 18 fabrics that I'm planning on using or considering for this 11 garment SWAP, some for Stage I and further stages. Now that I've found that I can get more of the beige/gray wool tweed, my SWAP has come together fairly well. Besides the tweed, which will be the Guffey jacket and DKNY 2-piece dress, I plan a shell from the abstract silk, 4 bateau-neck Jalie Tees from the cream and clay knits, brown doubleknit and lighter brown ribknit, and another blouse from one of the silky fabrics. I will make a brown doubleknit skirt, and I'm waiting for fabric swatches from Timmel's to make my decision on pants. There will be 2 pair, probably in a taupe and a brown.
Future additions to this group of coordinates will include a brown doubleknit cardigan, a brown wool basketweave cardigan with brown doubleknit trim, silk matka top/jacket, brown ribknit skirt, and various other tops. I would like to use the forest wool boucle knit for a Chanel style knit pantsuit, similar to this. . I'm a little afraid it might look too "tracksuity" though.