Wednesday, January 26, 2005

More Fabric!

Well, I am so pleased! I went to WalMart today, and looked at fabric as usual, and they had more of the clay rib knit! I'm sure it's the same bolt as before, as it was so bent and beat up, and looked like they'd really stretched it when they wound it on. They must have been hiding it. Anyway, I bought 5 yards this time, so I'll have plenty. I plan a FFF skirt, and possibly a cardigan jacket. It has such a heavy drape to it, I think it will be great.
I also bought 4 yards of a practically see-through 4-way stretch knit that's a fuschia plaid, . which is darker than it looks in the scan. The top of the scan is just one layer with several folded toward the bottom. It doesn't look as white in real life. That's the scanner bed showing through. I'm not sure what I'll do with it, possibly a skirt? I also found a nice gold/tan woven that's satiny on one side and matte on the other. It doesn't feel like a synthetic at all, has a really "dry" touch to it, and it will be nice for a dyed-to-match look using both sides of the fabric. I bought 5 yards of it.

No comments: