Sunday, January 23, 2005

Cold Weather Change of Plans

This morning I decided to cut out 3 KwikSew undershirts that I've been going to do for a long time. I ordered 1/2 yard each of 3 stretch laces from Timmel's quite some time ago, and then looked long and in vain for stretch lace for the edging. I have finally decided on fold-over elastic instead. It goes around the neckline and armscyes. I ordered some in colors from a co-op, and it's nice, but I didn't get quite the colors I asked for, so some of them may be contrasting. It should be fine though. Maybe I should just use clear elastic and turn the edges. Hmmm. The bottom on these tanks will be the scalloped edging of the lace itself. I cut them on the crossgrain to take advantage of that feature, and I think it will be very pretty, plus no need to hem! What could be better? They are brown, caramel and wine colored. I think the cold weather has inspired me to finally get them done. I need more layers.

I wore my embellished skirt this morning with one of my new Jalie Tees, the clay ribbed one, and it was very nice together with my short reddish brown wool jacket. I also tried the taupe dot Tee and Skirt with various things, and it's going to be a nice combination piece, but the color is very changeable. It appears brown if you put black with it, and mauve if you put purple with it. Interesting. I also found that a plain cream colored half slip works just fine with it, so no need to make another really. I may do so in future, but there's no rush anyway.

No comments: