Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weather Influencing Style


KwikSew #2286

I just finished a lace tank-style undershirt from KwikSew #2286. This is the one where I used the stretch lace elastic edging that I dyed to match. The fabric is really more of a stretch mesh than a stretch lace, in my opinion, but with the soutache sewn on in pretty designs, it looks more like a lace. It has almost a tie-dyed effect, with some of it much lighter than others in a random, mottled sort of way.

I really like this pattern, and I was thinking last night as I stitched the hem, and realized that apparently I sew these in January, that it must be because I'm cold, and so I want more layers to put on. I also did a pair of semi-heavy socks recently, for much the same reason I suspect. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny.

6 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Cold or not this top is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lovely top. It is summer here and I would be happy wearing that out on top! (with a cami underneath lol)

Linda L said...

Love that top. What great fabric!

Leslie in Austin said...

Really lovely, Liana!

Patty said...

Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I'm going to buy the pattern and make a lace top myself!