Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Weather Influencing Style


KwikSew #2286

I just finished a lace tank-style undershirt from KwikSew #2286. This is the one where I used the stretch lace elastic edging that I dyed to match. The fabric is really more of a stretch mesh than a stretch lace, in my opinion, but with the soutache sewn on in pretty designs, it looks more like a lace. It has almost a tie-dyed effect, with some of it much lighter than others in a random, mottled sort of way.

I really like this pattern, and I was thinking last night as I stitched the hem, and realized that apparently I sew these in January, that it must be because I'm cold, and so I want more layers to put on. I also did a pair of semi-heavy socks recently, for much the same reason I suspect. Anyway, I thought it was kind of funny.

6 comments:

cmarie12 said...

Cold or not this top is beautiful!

vicki_hks said...

Lovely top. It is summer here and I would be happy wearing that out on top! (with a cami underneath lol)

Linda said...

Love that top. What great fabric!

Leslie in Austin said...

Really lovely, Liana!

Patty said...

Just gorgeous!

susan said...

How pretty! I'm going to buy the pattern and make a lace top myself!