Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've Been Tagged

(& You May Be Next!)

Mardel, at Purls & Murmurs tagged me. As Mardel noted on her own blog, at first a brief moment of panic struck, but then it sounded like fun.

Here are the Rules:
  • Someone Tags you
  • You post 5 things about yourself that you haven't already mentioned on your blog
  • You tag 5 people about whom you'd like to know more



So, 5 things I haven't talked about.

I have a degree in Vocal Performance, and am a classically trained Soprano.

I can drive a grain truck. Also a tractor and a combine.

Although it's apparently almost a given now for women to admit that they never wanted to be the Princess who was waiting for Prince Charming to slay the dragon, etc., and that instead they wanted to be Prince Charming, or at least do all the exciting things he got to do, I really only ever wanted to be the Princess. Not that I was going to just sit there waiting, but I didn't want to do all those other things anyway. I'm perfectly happy being a very traditional kind of woman, although I would never want to go back to the days when that was all that was available to women. I simply happen to be one who likes that particular lifestyle, and was lucky enough to get it. Strangely enough, I don't identify one bit with any group I've heard of that is supposed to be for this type of thing. I simply want to do what I want to do, and they can do what they want to do. The end.

Probably the thing that I hate the most is people telling other people what to do. I have never understood why they didn't just do what they want, and let others have the same privilege. Not attempting to control others appears to be an impossible thing for some people, but I often think it's one of the worst things you can do as a person, and even more so if you're a person with some sort of power or authority over others. It's just mean.

I am the first tea drinker in a long Swedish line of coffee drinkers, and they do wonder about me a little.



That was surprisingly hard! Now, who shall I tag?
I will tag:
Off the Cuff
Fiberly One
Stitches & Seams
CraftLit
Couture et Tricot

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a reader, the fun of this is not only seeing what you say about yourself, but also getting to read the blogs that you tag.
Thanks for taking the time to write.
Miriam

Tany said...

This sounds like great fun!! I'll work on in as soon as I can! I'm happy to know that we share the same opinion about people who tell you what to do and how you should do it! Some people can’t help themselves doing that to others, it’s in their nature… I sign my name under this statement!

Tany said...

Sorry, "I'll work on it", not "I'll work on in"

Anonymous said...

I agree with Miriam, the fun is seeing what you say, and who you tag and then what they say!! Thank you for taking the time.

Great Fun

Debbie Cook said...

OK, so I had the panic attack too because well, I'm so boring. LOL! I always wanted to be Princess (Queen, actually) at home in the castle too. I feel very lucky that I haven't had to work outside the home since DS#1 was born. But I'm also glad that women have so many more choices now. Geez ... I remember when a new policy was instituted in elementary school, allowing girls to wear pants all day (and not just to/from in the winter).

Ms Kat said...

You sound like a very unique and interesting person, thanks for the links to the other sites.