Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Jacket Progress

I've been fighting a cold/sore throat since Friday night, and today I'm losing my voice a little. So, I'm not talking much, which is quite a penance.

I've been slowly but steadily working on my jacket, and it's coming right along. The lining is all in, I've taken in the Center Back seam about 2" at the bottom, tapering to nothing near the neck. This is quite an improvement. I think my next effort should have an inch taken out of each side of the back at the center of the shoulder all the way to the hem, and the same in the front, but only to the bust point.

I've hemmed the jacket itself, and decided on an even hem all the way around. Next I will hem the lining. This is going to be a very handy jacket, which seems to go with a lot of things in my wardrobe besides the new SWAP. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow and perhaps take photos.

No comments: