I attached the binding around the neck and armholes of the DKNY top today. I did it by hand, and it turned out very well, and probably was faster than if I'd pinned, stitched, ripped, etc. I think I could cut in the front armscyes a little with no trouble, but it's a nice look the way it is.
I took in all the seams at the bottom after turning up the hem. The instructions only have you stay stitch the seams from the waist up before stitching, and I think it would have been a good idea to do the whole seam. I wondered at the time, but I'm not a bias expert. After I tapered the seams, I turned up the hem again, basted it and eased it. I will hem it tomorrow. I think this will be great in the tweed and in the silk, although I suppose it will be a whole different experience in a thin silk. Oh well.
Now I'm wondering if I should be making the bias skirt to match the jacket, or if the shapes are even going to work well together. In my book there's nothing wrong with a nice, straight skirt. I wonder if I might possibly have enough fabric for both. I guess I'll just have to see.