Monday, February 14, 2005

Bias Top Unbound

I finished the bias top from Vogue 2683 Sunday evening. I finally got some pictures today, and one of them is posted above. Here is a link to more photos.

I also took and posted some photos of shoes I have covered to match various garments. I hadn't thought about them for a while, then hemmed a scarf this winter from a remnant, and realized I have shoes to match it (and a 2-piece dress too.)
This is the scarf and shoes. There are more pictures here.

I also got my Marfy patterns in the mail today! I only ordered last Sunday, and I think a week is amazingly fast from Italy. I can't wait to get started, but I do have a few other things that ought to come first.

I received swatches from Michael's of several fabrics today too, but especially of a cognac boucle that is really calling my name. A friend alerted me to it, and she really knew my taste. Thank you Patti! I will be calling them tomorrow to order.

So, all in all, quite a lovely day, although no actual sewing was done. It was 65 degrees today, and I worked in the garden for an hour or so. It was wonderful to get outside and just do something.

No comments: