Saturday, February 12, 2005

Bias Top Beginning

I cut out my test of the bias top (Vogue 2683) last night, and put it together. I am very pleased with the results so far. I will attach the armhole and neck bindings today, and probably hem it also. I let it hang overnight so it should be ready to hem. I was very worried after I sewed the sides to the front. It seemed enormous, but I went ahead and put the zipper in (I only used a 7" zipper instead of the 22" they call for, and it's fine) and sewed the backs to the sides. Once you put it on, it hangs out long and skinny, like bias should, and it's fine. I had to do a little tweaking on the side/front seam on one side, but I think that's the nature of bias fabric. It looks like it could be a great dress if you lengthened it. I'm doing a color-blocking effect on this, with one side and one half of the back in the reverse side of the fabric.

No comments: