Friday, September 23, 2005
Lacy Arrow Sock So Far
Here is the beginning of the Lacy Arrow Sock that I began as a complete change from my latest sewing project, the Marfy skirt. I have made this pattern at least 3 times before, but it's been a long time. My sister brought me a pair I had given her with hopes of my repairing them, and I decided that the only way I could do it was to begin knitting the pattern again so I got familiar enough with it to be able to darn it into the pattern correctly.
It's a nice pattern, and really only has 4 pattern rounds, although it has a 16 round repeat. The 4th pattern row is repeated 5 times, so actually a pretty simple pattern, although it looks complex.
This yarn is some Phentex acrylic which I received from a friend when she learned I was knitting baby things for my nephews. This was some that I ended up not using, and it's very nice sock-weight yarn. I'm using 2.75mm needles and 64 stitches in a round. I didn't really realize it was acrylic until I had done the ribbing, but I like the color, and it seems very nice, so I'm going to go ahead. I don't see why it shouldn't be just fine.
I have decided that I will just recut the skirt yoke pieces and start over on it. I still don't have a zipper for the jacket, but I'm leaning toward using one I have, although it's not an ideal color, but apparently the ideal color does not exist, so I will just make sure it doesn't show much, and it won't matter. I am definitely going to wait until I'm feeling bright-eyed and clear-headed before tackling this again.