Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Snowing and Sewing

It snowed today just like mad, and I don't know how much we finally got, but around 4" and I think it's supposed to keep going most of the night. So, a perfect day for sewing.

I have to admit that I didn't get any actual sewing done, but I did finally get all the pieces and parts marked and cut out for my coat, except I ran out of flannel underlining and couldn't get out today to get any, and of course the lining. I always wait on the lining in case there are changes, but I'm very thrilled to have the main cutting and marking done. I think that's the hardest part of most garments for me.


Photo Link

I've been knitting away on the Jaeger Tilly pullover as well, and have finished the front and am halfway up the first sleeve. I'm adding length to the sleeve, so it's going to be a while yet before I start the cap shaping. I assumed it was going to take 4 skeins of each color of Little Lehigh to do this sweater, and it's looking like I may only be going to use 3 of each. The yardage on this yarn is really great.

I'll leave you with a perhaps not wonderful, but I think interesting photo of the snow looking out the family room window. I took it tonight through the window at about 9pm, and it was very dark outside except for the lights in the back, and because of the snow, it seems much lighter than it might be.



Photo Link

1 comment:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Kewl snow shot! I hate snow but since we haven't had any significant snowfall yet...I am missing it terribly! Almost like winter isn't complete without one good snowfall!