As you can see from the photos below, it's a lot wider wale than a regular corduroy; about a half inch per wale. It's drapey enough that I am using a sew-in interfacing as underlining for the fronts and under collar. At this point, I'm planning to use a heavy flannel to underline the back and sleeves. The faux suede panels have fusible interfacing as underlining. The entire thing will be lined of course, and I'm thinking of interlining as well, although I haven't decided yet. I want it to be warm, and yet I don't want stiffness, which is why I'm not leaning toward using the sew-in on the back and sleeves. I've been cutting out and cutting out and I really hate cutting out, so I've been taking frequent breaks which is not conducive to quick work, but when I start getting tired and frustrated, it's better that I quit than make some stupid mistake.
I've decided on bound buttonholes and I searched through my button collection. I really thought I wanted very large buttons, but have changed my mind I think. Anyway, I've decided for now on the rectangular buttons I got from Fabric Mart. You can see it below by itself, and also buttoned through the buttonhole, and with the other possibles below that. I think the colors are best on the lower photo.