Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Coral Marfy Blouse is Done
I finished the coral cotton/silk Marfy #1101 blouse last night. Actually it was all done on Monday except the buttonholes and buttons. This version fits quite differently than the last one I made, which was a chiffon, and is more fitted looking. This fabric has lengthwise crinkles or disorganized pleating, and it gives it quite a stretch factor. I knew it was going to be much more casual in look and in fit, and that's fine. The sleeves turned out very long, and since the chiffon sleeves were just right, that was a surprise. This has the cuffs coming down over my hands, but that is about how they're supposed to be, but I don't think that's really my style. I simply made fold-back French cuffs, which I like, as the line of the cuff echoes the line of the collar. I had buttons on hand which were the correct size, and a perfect color match. Now I wonder if I should have used something with a little more contrast. It's a little plain looking, but maybe that's a good thing. I can always change them if I want to, I guess.
This should be a nice cool blouse to wear this spring and summer, even with the long sleeves. They can always be turned up too.
Here's the pink interfacing I used.
Lower Right is the fused interfacing.
Center is right side of facing with interfacing fused to it.
Upper Left is unfused fabric for comparison.
Here's the pattern illustration from Marfy.