Saturday, October 08, 2005

Sewing Again

Well, I'm back at it after becoming discouraged with my skirt yoke problem. I've been knitting since then, and am almost done with the second lacy arrow sock. I guess I did the faux suede skirt too, so that's something. But, I started in again on the Marfy jacket in Resort Tweed with the silk print lapels/collar. The sleeves are in provisionally, and only need a little tweaking to look great. The silk collar, etc. is on, and I decided not to use a center front zipper closure, but will instead use some decorative gold hooks, and perhaps attach them in a decorative manner. Anyway, it's going well, and I'm excited about it again.

I ordered some gorgeous new fabric from EmmaOneSock this morning. To celebrate, apparently.

This gorgeous Oscar de la Renta foiled printed wool which should become a suit,
and this Nanette Lepore silk organza brocade. I've been looking at it for a while, but couldn't decide what to do with it. I finally ordered it when I saw the wool this morning. Not that they'll be worn together, but I knew I had to get the wool. The silk will be a blouse I think, since blouses seem to be back in a big way now.

I've also been ordering yarn, and after playing with the Elann swatches (shown in a recent post,) I've decided to order the top yarn for a cardigan, and the second yarn for a shell, and one stripe in the cardigan. I want to get some of the third one too, for a shell in Indian Cross Stitch. The original is in a ribbon yarn, and I hope this won't be too see through, but I like the stitch and the pattern. It's from an old Vogue Knitting magazine.

No comments: