Thursday, October 20, 2005

LaBella/Fiore and Other General Progress

Here's the back of the LaBella/Fiore cardigan so far. The same Fiore stripe will be across the front pieces, but I don't believe I'll do it on the sleeves. I may add some toward the top or around the neck too. I don't want too much, but I do want it to coordinate with the Fiore shell I'll be making.

The color in the top photo is a little more vivid than the actual yarn, and the next photo is somewhat duller than the actual colors. This is a close up of the knitted fabric, with the stripe.



My music fraternity, Mu Phi Epsilon, is having a fundraiser in November, and I thought I'd try making some of the quick, easy knitted scarves for it, that seem to be so popular. The guard cat is The Peeper, who's my sewing/knitting cat. He's very helpful, and this is actually his ironing board cover. It's an elasticized one that I leave on top of the real one, so he can sit on it, as it's become one of his favorite perches, because of the window.

All I got done on my skirt yesterday was staystitching the panels, and I've decided that I will attach the panels to the yoke, and then miter the corners rather than the other way around.

I forgot to mention that my fabric from EmmaOneSock came Monday! It's really gorgeous, and the Oscar de la Renta wool is, as she always says, "much brighter and more vivid in real life." The more I look at it, the more I see a swingback jacket suit, or something similar. Doris Day's suits from different roles keep popping into my head. I'd never thought of her as a fashion leader, but I realize that I always liked the shapes she wore, so guess I should start watching old movies. The organza is lovely too, so I'm pretty pleased all around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you are doing with your LaBella/Fiore cardigan. I would never have thought of that combination and must admit I was intrigued when you mentioned. Quite chic!

You truly have inspired ideas, creative yet always elegant.

Liana said...

Thank you Mardel! I'm so pleased you like this. You do such beautiful things, and I enjoy your blogs so much!