Monday night I finished the trial (muslin) of the vintage Wrap Blouse I'm drafting. I added the length at the waist, and after adding width to the shoulder, I attached the sleeve, and fiddled with it until deciding that I didn't like the dropped sleeve. So, I took the extra width back off (saving the pieces as add-ons to my block in case a nice, small cut-on cap sleeve is desired) and put in a normal fitted sleeve. Since this is a vintage-design blouse, I left the elbow dart, which I quite like. All this finished about 1 am, so no photos. I also determined that I will need more of my fashion fabric, as I could get it all out of 2 yards except one sleeve. It's all cut single layer, which takes more work in the layout, but less fabric, and it's much easier to mark.
Today I bought more of my fabric, a rayon batik in pale sage and butter, and prewashed it to match the rest. I cut out all the pieces, marked them, and after trials of several interfacings,fused the collar/yoke pieces with the DK/Brooks Bros. interfacing I got from Pam at Sew Exciting sewing supplies. It's fairly stiff, which I think is what I want, as the fabric is very drapey, and I don't want the yoke to collapse. The collar/yoke is ready to attach, and looks good. I stitched all my darts and seams, and am ready to serge the seam allowances as soon as I change thread colors in my serger. I decided to wait until tomorrow rather than rethread at 1 am. I think I will use some of Pam's very lightweight sheer interfacing for the cut-on front facings, just to keep them from stretching out of shape, and for a nice soft fold. She has wonderful interfacings, and such generous yardage. She's adding more essentials every day. I had thought of staytape, but I think this interfacing will be perfect. I can always add a fusible tape if necessary, later.
I don't think I want a shoulder pad, as this should be a very natural shoulder, but I think a small puff/sleeve head a la Roberta Carr would be in order. I haven't done one of hers for a long time, but I always liked them. They just fill out your seam a little, and keep a soft fabric from collapsing. I hope to finish this tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much time I'll actually get to sew.