Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Handmade Bracelet

Bracelet Front

Bracelet Back

This is a bracelet I made this weekend. I started with one plan, and of course it changed as I went along, but I think the resulting piece is quite good. This is the first thing I've done like this, and I have plans for some pieces which are more heavily beaded .


Pamela Erny said...


I adore this bracelet! Your first attempt at this kind of jewelry is quite good as I've seen some "expert" jewelers do!

I've done some knotted/twisted wire jewelry experiments and find it so much fun!

I have some questions....

Is the wire gold/gold-goldfilled/plated...or gold colored soft jewelry/craft wire?

What guage is it? (I always seem to get the wrong guage for jewelry)

Did you use any crochet stitches, or did you knot/bend/twist to get the wire effect?

How is your bracelet fastened?

Thanx, Pam
OFF THE CUFF design, sewing techniques, and more


Liana said...

Pam, You are quite the flatterer! Thank you. It's just a craft wire. It's a 20 gauge "tarnish resistant" wire by Darice, and was on a spool. I'd love to try the gold wires, but thought I'd better start slow. I began with an "armature" that I pounded (annealed.) I twisted and attached the wire with the beads afterward. It was amazingly fast. I think you can see the twisted hook I added in the Back photo. It hooks toward the right. I was afraid this wire wasn't quite stiff enough to be a cuff bracelet without a fastening, so I added the hook.