Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Camp Shirt Prototype



This is the "muslin" of the camp shirt pattern I altered. It turned out pretty well except I will cut the neck larger next time. I should have realized that I liked that the way it was, and changed it back to the original length after I altered the rest of the pattern, but I didn't. I will next time. This is some very thin Madras plaid, so will be very nice for summer.

The pants are my third pair of drawstring pants. They're a thin microfiber fabric, and really nice and cool to wear.

I received my Gedifra yarn from Elann today. How fast is that? I only ordered on Sunday. I also got the 00 circular needle, so began the Euroflax shell pattern this evening. It's knit circularly, 288 stitches in the round, so I cast on and got 2 rounds done in waste yarn, and am ready to begin with the real yarn tomorrow, for the picot hem treatment. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to your post on Lily camisole. Do post on your progress, please. It is such a pretty design and I love your color choice. I was at my LYS and saw a summer cardigan knit with Louet Euroflax yarns. It had a nice solid hand without feeling heavy. I've never knit with this yarn and I was getting curious.