Thursday, June 02, 2005

General Update

I've been doing several quickie projects since I finished the Katia shell.

I made another pair of drawstring pants, this time in a thin microfiber/lycra fabric in a khaki color. I really like how these turned out, and I think I'll be wearing them a lot this summer.

I also started another very quick knitting project, this one is another shell, but in Austermann's Koala yarn, which is very furry, and I'm using a size 11 needle. There are only 43 stitches across the front, so that gives you an idea of the gauge. It's terribly soft; almost weightless. I doubt I'll wear it until fall, as it looks pretty wintry. The color is Burnished Apricot, and you can see the finished back in the photo below, under the Euroflax Barcelona yarn that came today. This evening I wound 3 of the 4 skeins into balls, and found out that Mr. Peep likes to play with yarn! The Catso has always been uninterested, so this is a change. I'll have to be sure to keep things out of his way.


Euroflax Barcelona on Austermann Koala

Yesterday I altered a camp shirt pattern that I'd taken off a favorite RTW shirt years ago. It's too big now, and also more oversized in its style than what's current, so I put on one of the old ones that I'd made, and pinned it to the look I want and made a pattern. I started sewing up a test model today. There are a few bugs in it, but it's generally wearable, and so far, so good. I haven't sewn the side seams yet, so the real moment of truth is yet to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liana, the color of your Euroflax yarn is wonderful and yummy: rich chocolate with some violet/blue. At least that's how it looks on my screen. Also, congratulations on finishing up the cardigan and the Katia top. Thanks for the close-up shot of the ladder. It is very interesting to see how Serpentina looks when knit up.

Liana said...

May, Your monitor must be very accurate. That's what it looks like in person too. It's so nice to be knitting again, and you were one of my big inspirations. Thank you!