I finished up the silk crepe de chine tank the other night and am pretty happy with it. When I made the Marfy suit that it matches (a couple years ago) I was wearing it with an old silk top which by now has seen better days, and I always planned to do something with the silk scraps I had, but just never quite got to it. As I said, this is Marfy #9829 which was one of the free patterns in the Spring 2006 catalog. I'd made it before in knits and liked it, but one of the suggested fabrics was a woven. I used to wear a lot of silk tanks with jackets, but I haven't had any for quite a while, and I like just a basic tank for that. I see now that for a woven, you're supposed to put a side seam zipper in the top, so I may try that next time, but for a thin silk like this, it might be a little close-fitting anyway. I just added what amounted to 4" of ease to this at the bust and about an inch at the hip, and stitched it up, after a quick muslin of course. You can see it below with the jacket and also a pair of pants from my TNT pattern, with wide legs. I don't have any shoes on in the photo, so that makes them drag on the ground a bit.
I used bias binding on the armscyes and neckline, with a bow finishing the back neck.
Once I finished this, I wanted to make something from a darling bias plaid print knit, and used Simplicity #4020 which I made once before and liked pretty well. I think it turned out well in this, and I love the colors.
This was truly a quickie project, as I started it last night about 11pm and finished about 2:30am. I know I should work during the day instead, but honestly, there are a lot fewer interruptions at night.