Monday, June 05, 2006

French Seams

Well, it's been awhile since I sewed anything particularly sheer that needed french seams, but the embroidered organza Little Blouse I'm working on has seemed to call for this technique. I worked on the pattern last night, changing the CF-on-fold and scoop-neck to a button-front with V-neck. So far, so good. The fabric sews beautifully, and I just hope it won't be too stiff to be a nice blouse. It's awfully pretty fabric, and the color is great, so I'm counting on its turning out well.

I've been getting some knitting done on the Silky Tweed Tank, and am about up to the waist on the back. I've also begun seriously reading Barbara Walker's Knitting From the Top, and I can see that it's going to complicate my knitting life somewhat, for a while at least, but I think in the end it will be very helpful. It should take a lot of the fit guesswork out of knitting, and that's something I've always hated. Following a pattern in the usual way, by the time you know what you needed to do, it's way too late.

No comments: