Friday, June 02, 2006

Cable/Bobble Sweater is Finished!



I am so pleased! I finally finished this sweater last night. I've been working on it since the end of January, I believe. I know I ordered the yarn about the 30th anyway. I like the way it turned out, and it was really quite fun to knit. It certainly never got boring! It's made with Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, and the pattern is from Vogue Knitting's winter '01-'02 issue, pattern #25.

I made it as written except for adding one stitch pattern column on each side of the front. I think this gave it a good fit, as I didn't want it to be tight at all. I did have to make the sleeves much longer than they said, but that was no surprise. I joined the yarn as I went from ball to ball, so there were only a very few ends to weave in, which was quite wonderful. I ended up with about 3 1/2 skeins left over, so I guess if I need a hat or a bag or something, I'm set. The collar looks like ribbing, but it's not. It's supposed to just fall over, and it does. I tried folding it down, but I don't really care for that, at least right now. Here's a photo of it on me, and you can see close ups of the stitch patterns here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liana, your bobble sweater turned out very nice. Congratulations. You will be enjoying this beauty for a long time. I love the way the collar drapes.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the sweater. It turned out lovely!