Pearle asked me to make some pajamas for him, and this is the fabric he chose. I think it's quite neat, and I finished the pants tonight and moved on to the shirt. I'm using his regular shirt pattern, with a few modifications, and piping! The pants are from Burda WOF 12/2006. I knew I remembered that they had a men's pajama pattern some time ago, but it took me a while to find it.
The fabric is from Hancock's, and is a cotton. If you can believe it, the care instructions direct one to 'machine wash warm, line dry.' Well, I hardly think I'm going to line dry 100% cotton fabric for heaven's sake. So, I prewashed and dried, and it really didn't even wrinkle as much as I'd thought it might. I didn't measure for shrinkage, but it was only about 42" wide, and I bought 5 yards, which was just barely enough, with a creative layout.
I also started knitting a vest/top from the Fall/Winter Filati Handknitting magazine. It's an interesting pattern, and I'm done with the back and about 5" into the front. You can see the pattern photo and the pattern stitches here.