Sunday, January 06, 2008
Segue Shell is Finished
I finished this shell last night. This is a photo of it with the Vogue jacket I made some time ago. I think the colors are perfect. After doing the neckline finish twice and finally deciding on a simple crocheted edge. The yarn stands up too much to do the specified picked-up and purled edge which is supposed to roll gently, and usually does (I've made this pattern numerous times). I also did a crocheted finish on the armscyes to make the shoulder area a bit wider at the top. I began at the side seam, just chaining/slipping the yarn along for a few stitches, then one single crochet, then the rest of the way around was half-double until I got to the same level I began, and one single to taper down, and then finish at the side seam again. I do this quite often on shells, as I like to cover those unsightly bits, and I especially don't like to have my bra peeking out. You can see the effect here.
Anyway, I'm quite pleased with this. It took about 2 1/2 skeins, so I have some left to play with. Not sure what to do, but I'm thinking about a belt with some other yarns. Something will happen anyway, as it's too pretty (and pricey) to just let it go.