Friday, August 04, 2006
Chiffon 1101 Blouse
I finally got photos of the chiffon blouse, after I finally got buttons and finally finished it. It seems that it's been a bit of a struggle at every step. Even my pretty decent first set of photos all got deleted instead of transferred to my computer, so I had to retake them, on this hot day, etc. Oh well, at least it's done. And I like it.
This is a 44, with a FBA, the sleeves lengthened about 3", and the body shortened about an inch. I also added extra wide seam allowances to the sleeves, but didn't really need the extra.
The buttons, which I think are very cute, although they pretty much disappear into the very busy fabric, are smaller on the placket and larger for the cufflink treatment.
I think I will probably wear this with pleasure this fall, as I like the look, and although after all the extra care this one took I thought I wouldn't make it again, I rather like it, and it might be a nice wardrobe staple for a blouse/shirt. It certainly looks different in different fabrics. Below you can see the Nile Green cotton print version which I made before the chiffon.