Saturday, August 20, 2011

Marfy Shrug #0328

From Vogue1250


As I mentioned in my last post, I made a little shrug from a Marfy pattern to wear with the lavender Vogue 1250 dress. Although it was quick to make, I have to admit that this pattern is probably the least intuitive I've put together for awhile. The pieces are odd shapes, and they fold around in a very 3-dimensional way that makes sense, but is hard for me to visualize in its entirety because of all the folding and sewing together. I felt a little like I was sewing in circles, but I trusted that it would come out okay, and it did. I cut it out of a pretty knit print that's quite sheer and that has very little stretch. I considered that it might end up as an actual muslin, but I hoped it would be wearable, as it is, and so I wore it, and liked it.


I will definitely be making more of these, and first of all, I'm going to make a black one for my roommate from the convention. She's a cellist and bass-clarinetist, and after she saw it, I had her try mine on to see how it fit her. It's perfect for playing, as it doesn't restrict your arm or shoulder motion.

Here's the back view.
From Vogue1250

9 comments:

Jen said...

It looks fantastic.

SewRuthie said...

Oh that's lovely, and you look very elegant!

patti said...

The shrug really dresses up the dress, which of course can stand on its own. I really like this!

gwensews said...

Your shrug looks terrific, as do the dresses on your previous post. You've done quite a bit of sewing recently. Nice work!

Linda L said...

I like the dress and the shrug adds a nice touch as well.

Irene said...

What a wonderful little "cover up" that doesn't obscure the dress underneath.

Sheila said...

You look fantastic and love the color on you.

Cennetta said...

You great outstanding!

Gorgeous Things said...

You look GORGEOUS!!!!!