This afternoon I finished the Marfy dress, #1128, that I've been working on for a while. No photos yet, as it was too dark by the time I was done. It really turned out quite well, and I'm pleased with it, but I must say, I'm not sure just how soon the occasion will arise to wear it. When it does though, I'll be ready.
I was very worried that I might not like the look of the printed chiffon with the matelassé, but I think it's fine. The design calls for fancy buttons, and even says "jeweled" buttons, but I looked at what was in my button stash, and it turns out that one of my favorites from the collection I was given at Sewing Guild a couple weeks ago is the perfect thing for this. They're the brown domed buttons with brass dots. They're quite large, and "important" looking. There is one at each end of the chiffon scarf/collar, and one on each cuff. The cuffs close with snaps, as I didn't want such large buttonholes in them. Here's the pattern illustration.
On the knitting front, I decided how to adjust the stitch pattern for the back of the cabled Bendigo cardigan I'm knitting, so I'm ready to knit during the Super Bowl, if necessary, and I'm sure it will be. The original pattern had a panel of plain reverse stockinette in the center of the back, with a pattern panel on each side, but I wanted something with patterning all the way across, so I needed to adjust the panel placement slightly to get everything to work out right. I'm done with both fronts now, and I'm pleased and also slightly surprised at how quickly it seems to be going.