Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tiny Hawaiian Shirt

This Hawaiian shirt is for an 18-month old. 


It's Burda magazine #136 from March, 2007.  What a great source for children's patterns. I never throw those magazines away, and eventually you realize you have a fairly classic pattern for most children's garments, and quite a few adults as well.


I heard that Nikki was having trouble finding a Hawaiian print shirt for Carmine's Halloween costume (he's going to be Ace Ventura, Pet Detective) and I volunteered to assist.  Then I had to find fabric. 

 I realized that most Hawaiian prints are very large-scale, and would overwhelm a small boy.  Luckily, we have a great source for prints of all types here.  The Cosmic Cow.  It's a quilting shop, but a really great one.  I was pleased to find just what I wanted.

This is a photo of the pattern schematic and beginning of the instructions, in case you don't know what Burda patterns are like.

I've made a lot of shirts, but never one this tiny, and it was fun.

3 comments:

Diane E said...

That is the sweetest shirt I have ever seen. Lucky recipient :) And I agree with you, Burda magazines are the best! I need another house to store all the ones I have, though :/

theresa said...

Love the little shirt for a special child. I have an OOP McCall's from the late 90's that I used and used and used for my son when he was small. I'm now using it again for the grand nieces and nephews that are arriving. So much fun to sew for little ones.

Theresa in Tucson

Rhonda Buss said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute!