The hem is my favorite part. I love the way it drapes and catches itself up, especially in the back. I changed the back neckline from a very low square back to a higher scoop, which is still fairly low.
I have quite a few inner construction photos for this. The blog photos are smaller than those you can see if you click here. As I think I said previously, I underlined this with a fairly heavy satin lining, almost something you would use for a coat lining. I turned the satin side toward the body, and extended it about 5" longer than the dress hem edge.
You can see how I turned the hem up to the outside on the finished garment photos, but here is the inside of the hem, which comes out very nicely since all the raw edges are inside the rolled part on the outside of the dress.
The original pattern has front horizontal and vertical darts, and gathering at the neckline under a chiffon collar. I stitched the horizontal darts, but used the other ease to drape from the waist up to the neckline. You can see close ups of the neckline and waist draping here.
Finally, you can see that the extra-long invisible zipper opens the entire length of the side seam. I really have learned that this is not too long a zipper for a dress like this. It makes it so much easier to put on, and without spoiling one's hair or makeup.