Saturday, April 07, 2012

Turquoise/Plum Bra & Dyeing

I finally started on another bra. This one is a wild turquoise/plum fabric I got at G Street Fabrics when I was visiting Linda. First I had to dye findings for it. I had thought a lavender-blue strap elastic was the perfect color, so I dyed some things to match it. I was extremely thrilled that the color match to the strap elastic was so good, but then I decided that what I really needed to go with this fabric was teal. So, I began again. Here's what I ended up with for dyed things.
From Lingerie

And this is the teal dyed items with the fabric swatch.
From Lingerie

I'm using a pattern I've used before, which I copied from a Freya bra. Since I'm now making 'cheeky' style lace tanga panties, I'll have to figure out a way to make them 'match' this bra. I have a few ideas, but I'm not sure just what I'll end up with. This is how far I've gotten on this bra.
From Lingerie


patti said...


Butterfly said...

That looks really beautiful! Excellent job on the colour matching too :) Oh and happy Easter to you and your loved ones!

Lynne Williams said...

Your lingerie is quite exciting. I am making a bra for my dear mama currently so your post is quite inspiring.

scarlettonamission said...

You sew a bra from scratch??? Wow, that's impressive! And that fabric, ooh... if Freya does that pattern, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.

Liana said...

Thank you everyone!

Scarlett, The Freya pattern is copied from a RTW Freya bra that I like. I've copied several RTW bras for patterns, and have had the best luck that way getting a good fit, etc.