Saturday, September 20, 2008


Something struck me really funny the other day, and I can't get it out of my mind, so as a friend says, Good Morning, Victims.

We were watching the business channel the other day, as we often do, and I happened to notice the name of a company going across in the trade listings that I'd never seen before.

It was called .................. Intrepid Potash.

I immediately wondered how potash could be intrepid?  Also, if there was intrepid potash, there must be timid potash as well.  

I can just see the Intrepid Little Potash in it's brave pile, wearing a Robin Hood hat, with a jaunty feather of course. "Go forth, Intrepid Potash! Spread yourself far and wide upon the land." It all reminds me of The Brave Little Toaster, a darling cartoon. It was pretty silly too, but darling. Surely. the Brave Little Toaster would have been friends with The Intrepid Potash.

Finally, here's a sweet pea that's blooming now, and I thought it looked so much like an orchid.

Photo Link

It's a very carefree flower, but it does tend to take over if given the chance.


Linda said...

Intrepid potash? How funny! Thanks for the early morning giggle! Your sweet pea looks very much like my favorite pink phalaenopsis! Have a wonderful weekend, Liana! I'm off to put the finishing touches on my pale blue suit. I need to finish adding the trim around the lapel and complete the skirt hem.

Kathleen C. said...

Would that make it an Intrepid Sweet Pea?...
I can see it now ther Brave Little Toaster and the Intrepid Potash and Sweet Pea... the new three musketeers!

ACorgiHouse said...

Intrepid Potash? I love it! And your sweetpea is gorgeous. I'm an orchid nut, but only have one blooming now at home (2 at office) and I'm lonely. I need to get some SweetPeas. K