Thursday, August 16, 2018

Photo Day



As some of you know, I'm going to be the Presenter at the Kearney, Nebraska Sewing Expo September 21 and 22, 2018.  It's put on each year by the Bishop Method Clothing Group of Nebraska, and the Kearney-Area ASG chapter.  It's always a wonderful weekend, and I'm so excited to have been asked to present this year!  Their flyer will be out this month, and I will put it here in case anyone is interested who hasn't gotten it before.

So as you can imagine, I'm madly getting ready for my classes.  I've been working on this for quite some time, and it's getting down to the wire. 

One of the things I will be doing is a Trunk Show with many items from my wardrobe.  It will be mainly Marfy pattern garments, since that's what I sew most, and like best, but of course, there are others too.  When you come across something great, you have to go for it.  There will be 4 classes altogether including

Wardrobe Planning & Perfect Proportions

Marfy + Trunk Show

Project Planning for Sewing Success

Saran Wrap Fitting Techniques



I am so lucky to have a sister who's a whiz with a camera.  She came over today and we took quite a few long-delayed photos of my projects.  Here are a few teasers.


This is Marfy dress 2330 and jacket 3828. The fabric is from Barcelona, Spain when I shopped with the legendary Paco Peralta and Cristina.

 

Marfy caftan 3924 in silk charmeuse with lace motifs at the neckline.  This was made to wear at a destination wedding in Cozumel.






Vogue dress 1250 in a woven cotton print.  The dress is designed for knits only, but it worked out well with a side zipper and a sightly larger size.  I also added the double collar with applique.  This was made to attend a summer wedding, and it's one of my favorite summer dresses.

FSG Tunic 1960, Marfy Tank 9829, Marfy pants 0913.  The tank and tunic are in a semi-sheer knit, so two layers give opacity.  The pants are in a pleather-type fabric from one of my New York garment district shopping trips.

10 comments:

Leah Dodrill said...

I wish I could see your trunk show in person. I love that your garments have stories that go with them. All of them are beautiful!

Liana said...

Thank you, Leah! I wish you could come too. It's such a fun weekend with a great group of women who love sewing garments. I've been going for quite a few years.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

These are beautiful! I would love to see the front of the Vogue 1250 in the woven fabric cause that was one of my favorite patterns. It’s also good to see some of the garments you’ve sewn recently!

Lisa said...

Hi. Is the sewing expo open to the public? It would be fun to see your lovely clothes in person!

Nancy K said...

They are all fabulous, but the last one is definitely something I'd wear more than the others. I love the tunic in particular. Can't wait to see whatelse you have been sewing.

Mardel said...

Everything looks beautiful! Not surprising really. Wish I could come.

Liana said...

Lisa, It is definitely open to the public. I should be getting the flyer soon and I'll post it here when I do, but it would be fun if you could come!

Liana said...

@Nancy K, Thank you! That tunic is a favorite, and probably one of the more 'wearable' of the things I've made lately. More opportunities for it anyway. I'm expecting great things out of it this fall, as although it's pretty sheer, it's quite warm.

Liana said...

@Mardel, Thank you! I wish you could come, too. I've been following all of your moving/remodeling notes, and you are BUSY!

Liana said...

Carolyn, We took photos of the front of that dress, but I didn't realize until looking them all over afterwards that the sleeve on one side was really screwy from the front. I had it kind of folded under and didn't notice, so we're going to retake them.

I added width at CF the entire length, and then used a buttoned tab to control the fullness a bit at the waist. It's not tight at all, and so it's a perfect summer dress since it stands away from the body just a bit, but still has a shape to it. I'm like you, that's one of my favorite patterns. It just keeps going and going. :)