Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Graphic Dot Swimsuit


I was running out of PowerNet which I use to do a front lining/shelf bra in my swimsuits and got some at the ASG Convention Vendor Hall from Anne St Clair of Needle Nook Fabric.   I've been collecting fold over elastic for a while and I have some fun prints and colors.  I decided this crimson with black dot elastic would go beautifully with the graphic black and white print.  The fabric is some I got in the LA  Fashion District with Kathi Rank. 
I thought it needed a little something extra so I added a bow, and I have to say I think it's darling.   Who doesn't love a bow?!

14 comments:

Carol said...

I just luuuuuuuuv this!!!!! I want one!

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous swimsuit!

Kathi Rank said...

You need to make another trip to CA so we can hit the district again! Nice suit.

jsews said...

Love this suit!
And also wanted to say that I loved your outfit you modeled at the ASG convention!

Rhonda Buss said...

Such a cute suit. I'm loving all the fold over elastic prints.

Liana said...

I agree! I'd love to hit the district with you and see you maybe finally Sue too!

Liana said...

Thank you! Did we get to say hello at ASG? I hope so. :)

Liana said...

Thanks Rhonda! There are such cute notions lately.

Liana said...

I know you could make one! Go for it. And thank you!

Liana said...

Thanks Adrienne!

Liana said...

Thank you Sharon! Have you done a swimsuit as part of your wonderful active wear wardrobe? If not, then I think it's time you did! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Liana,

I was in your Marfy Magic class at ASG in St. Louis. Great class. You inspired me to try and sew up the two Marfy patterns I have had for a while. I have one question. Is the standard cup size on these patterns a B?

Thanks, Shelby

Liana said...

Hi Shelby,
I'm so glad I was able to get you started on your Marfy patterns. I believe the cup size on Marfy is a B, just like the Big 4. There's a link to a little discussion here that might interest you.
http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=12336.msg210950#msg210950