Saturday, July 27, 2013
I'm still doing Water Aerobics as my main exercise program, and so I'm still making swimsuits. I did a new one this week and here it is. The pattern is one I copied from a RTW suit, and the fabric and the Fold-Over Elastic are from the LA Fashion District (thanks Kathi Rank!!) The bodice is lined with PowerNet from Fabric Depot. It's sort of an athletic/shelf bra arrangement. Since I'm hopping around a lot in this, and I'm not wearing it for 'glamour', I like the flattening effect I get with this type of support system.
I was going to say that this was the same as a couple other suits I made, and link to the blog post where I discussed them, but apparently I made them when I wasn't sewing much and I wasn't blogging at all, so I'll put a photo of them in now.
The pink one with the lines of trim is the one I purchased and have copied. The others are my copies, and all the fabric is from the LA Fashion District. The newest, orange one is at the top right in the photos.
The lower photo shows the back, and the interior. You can see that the powernet has elastic at the lower edge. It's stitched to the edge of the front piece around the neckline, straps and down the sides. The lower edge floats free.