Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Swimsuit


I'm still doing Water Aerobics as my main exercise program, and so I'm still making swimsuits.  I did a new one this week and here it is.  The  pattern is one I copied from a RTW suit, and the fabric and the Fold-Over Elastic are from the LA Fashion District (thanks Kathi Rank!!) The bodice is lined with PowerNet from Fabric Depot.  It's sort of an athletic/shelf bra arrangement.  Since I'm hopping around a lot in this, and I'm not wearing it for 'glamour', I like the flattening effect I get with this type of support system.

I was going to say that this was the same as a couple other suits I made, and link to the blog post where I discussed them, but apparently I made them when I wasn't sewing much and I wasn't blogging at all, so I'll put a photo of them in now. 






The pink one with the lines of trim is the one I purchased and have copied.  The others are my copies, and all the fabric is from the LA Fashion District.  The newest, orange one is at the top right in the photos.
The lower photo shows the back, and the interior.  You can see that the powernet has elastic at the lower edge.  It's stitched to the edge of the front piece around the neckline, straps and down the sides.  The lower edge floats free.


10 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Another pretty color on you. You know? I've never made a swim suit. Hmmmmm, oh yeah, I don't go swimming any more.

Leah said...

Pretty and useful at the same time!

Nancy Winningham said...

Looks great! I made a swim suit last season, and after seeing how well it turned out and how simple it was, I vowed never to buy another suit as long as I have the ability to sew!

joan71 said...

What a lovely selection of swimsuits and you look wonderful wearing them, my dear. Those water aerobics must be doing their job.

Cherie said...

Liana, I'm so glad to see your posts again. Love those swim suits on you, I so admire your long, lovely legs!

Loved the old singer sewing machine post also, I lucked into a Singer Featherweight at an antique store going out of business. I will get it running in the Fall after a Sept trip. Best to you!

Judith said...

These are fantastic - love the black and white one! You have made a brilliant job at sewing these...J

Sheila said...

Lovely swimsuits and it looks fantastic on you.

velosews said...

You've used these prints really well. They look great.

RhondaBuss said...

Another winner!! What a great swimsuit wardrobe you have.
So glad to see your posts. You've been missed:)

cidell said...

I just need to pop in and say what great long legs you have!!!