Saturday, November 11, 2006

An Alpaca Named Evita

From Alpaca11-06


We went to the Grand National Llama & Alpaca Show this morning. It's been here in Lincoln for the last 4 years at least, and it's so much fun to see the darling animals groomed to a fare-thee-well. Every year there are more fiber vendors as well, and that is quite the treat as well. As you can see, I managed to restrain myself admirably, to only 3 skeins of 100% Alpaca from an alpaca named Evita. It's handspun, and that's the reason for the varying texture, which is what caught my eye, and eventually made my decision for me.

I wore the pink sweater last night to dinner, and it was quite a success as well as being very comfy and warm. I've got a good start on the other Austermann pattern as well. I'm just up to the bobbles on the front, and I need to go look at my bobble instructions from the sweater with over 1000 bobbles that I did this summer. You'd think I could remember how, and I almost do, but I think I'd better just make sure.

No comments: