Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Just Knitting - Trendsetter Shell & Dishcloths


Photo Link

I finally chose a pattern to use with this gorgeous ribbon yarn, Trendsetter's Segué. I'm making the Marla shell from Berroco's leaflet #189, Summer Basics. I've made this several times before and I always like it. It has a raised neckline, decorative ridges at the collarbone (which won't show in this yarn) and slightly cut-in armholes. I was hoping to get it out of two skeins, but I think it is probably going to take slightly more. It's a very quick knit though. I started yesterday and this is what I have so far. It's the back. The front is almost the same except the neckline. I like to make the back in a Small and the front in a Large size, tapering the front to a small at the shoulders. This always fits me better than a shell that's symmetrical front and back. Gee, I wonder why?

Here's the quickie, mindless knitting project I was doing while trying to decide what to do with the Segué above. I've been getting low on nice looking dishcloths, so it was time to make more. They're very fast, especially in the size I like them, which is 20st at the widest point, and they fit the hand very nicely. This is just Sugar&Cream cotton yarn. I gave some to my sister and she calls them coasters. They work for that, too.


Photo Link

1 comment:

Ann Made Studio said...

Liana, I love these dish clothes too. I like your colours and the style of these. I never did make more than the one. I have bought more yarn and do plan on making more :)