Sunday, May 06, 2007

Silly Pink Tank Top


Photo Link

I finished a quickie project last night. It's Marfy #9829, one of the free patterns from the Spring 2006 catalog, a tank top or shell to be made in either a knit or a woven, for which you add a side zipper. This was just a prototype, and I like it quite a bit. I hadn't thought about it before, but I guess I don't think of shells as being made from knits, otherwise that's what I would call this. I like the shaped hem too, which I wasn't sure I would. I used a twisted binding technique for the neckline and armscyes. This was demonstrated at the Lyla Messinger seminar I attended, and was one of the things I knew immediately I would be trying. I think it would be even more interesting on a plain fabric, using a patterned sheer for the binding. Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with this. It can use a little tweaking, but this is going to be fun to wear this summer.

Photo Link

Here's a side view.

Photo Link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute top and I love that binding treatment. I've never seen that before.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Liana ~ this is why I admire you so much! You go to a seminar one week and you incorporate the new things you learned the next week! Love both tops, they are very wearable but unique. That is quite an achievement with such a basic wardrobe piece!