Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Second Marfy Tank 9829


Photo Link

I cut out another Marfy Tank after I finished the first one, and it was just as quick and easy, and I think, successful. This is a very, very thin knit with almost a crepey feel to it. Sheer if you hold it up, but it doesn't look sheer at all on the body. It was also a $1/yard knit from Wal-Mart. It's not what I usually would choose, but I really like it for this. I did the Twisted Binding again, and I think it was even more successful in a thinner fabric. I can hardly wait to try it in a sheer woven on something.


Photo Link

I cut the binding strips sort of on the bias this time, following the stripes in the fabric, as I wanted mostly pink to show. I also did a straight hem, adding about 2 1/2" to the length, and then ruched the sides just a bit with elastic.

3 comments:

Janimé said...

Very nice top! And what a fabric find!

Anonymous said...

Liana, love your cute Marfy tops and the twisted binding technique. They are very sophisticated and understated!

Terri K

dawn said...

This binding is really beautful!