Sunday, November 26, 2006

Burda WOF Skirt



I finished the skirt (#103)I've been working on from Burda World of Fashion's August, 2006 issue. I used a corduroy from my inventory, in a mottled oatmeal color. I had to lift the back at the top, about 3/4" because of flat seat, but I think the fit turned out pretty well. I like this skirt a lot. It feels very "girly" to wear, and yet it isn't too frou-frou. I really think I might make it again.

I used Ann Rowley's suggestion to put the zipper in one of the side-back seams rather than in the angled hip seam, and it worked very well. You definitely need some type of mark on the inside at CF, as there are really no obvious "markers" to tell you if you have it on straight.

I like it with this Marfy jacket as well, and the little knitted shell has been a favorite for years. Here's a side-view, which shows the flared back panels, and you can see more detail here.

From Burda WOF (8-...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liana, Looks great in this fabric. I'm pleased that my suggestion to move the zip worked - it was a real pain putting it in the suggested place. And yes, you really do need the CF mark.

Ann

Linda L said...

Love the skirt. You look great in the outfit. All goes well together.Like the zipper idea.

Marji said...

Liana, that looks great on you. Shapely in the tush, without being crass.

Abi said...

Very sassy looking skirt.Really feminine fit.The colour combo with the jacket is a great one.

Anonymous said...

Liana:

Love the skirt. What I would give to have a look in your closet. Everything you make, and you make so much, is so lovely.