Saturday, September 10, 2005

Finally, Resort Tweed



I have been dithering about what to work on for quite a while now. I really want to get to Autumn things, but it's still in the 90's here, and I know I could wear some summer things yet. Anyway, I finally committed to working on the Marfy 9419 jacket in Resort Tweed

with silk crepe facings.

I plan to do 3/4 sleeves, but instead of a binding around the edges, I'm going to do turn-back cuffs with silk facings.

I'm also doing the Marfy 9420 skirt in the tweed, with the lower part of the skirt faced/lined in the silk. I may even have enough of the silk left for a matching blouse or at least a shell. It seems to be taking much less fabric than I originally thought, although I originally planned a much longer, bias Vogue skirt from this fabric, which would have taken about twice as much as this skirt, if not more.

This afternoon and evening, I got the tweed for the jacket thread traced and cut out. I will do the skirt tomorrow, and then the interfacing for the jacket, then the silk. Quite a production just to get it all prepared. Thank goodness for football season. It does give me time to work on this kind of project!

2 comments:

Gail said...

That pattern is gorgeous! Where do you buy those patterns?

Liana said...

Aren't those great? You can order them from several places, including Marfy. I usually order from Nancy Erickson at the Fashion Sewing Group http://members.tripod.com/NE_fashionsewing/ and Vogue just started carrying them recently. http://www.voguepatterns.com/indexfv.html is a link to theirs, but they don't have all the new designs. You have to buy the catalog to see everything, and you get 3 free patterns with it (no choice.) There are no instructions, and the only photo is the one in the catalog, or on the website, so it's an adventure!