Monday, March 28, 2005

Mrs Stylebook

I just got my copy of Mrs Stylebook today! It was sent to me from California, but came very quickly. There's a thread on Sewing World called Mrs Stylebook Draft Along, and we're all going to draft a skirt pattern from the magazine, which is entirely in Japanese! There is at least one Japanese speaker in the group, and another person who has experience drafting from this magazine. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and very interesting. It is awfully strange to feel illiterate though.

I still haven't started on my brown knit skirt, but after wearing the olive knit skirt and jacket today, I believe I'll do the brown skirt the same length, which is about 8" shorter than my usual FFF skirts, which are almost ankle length. It just feels right.

No comments: