Sunday, June 01, 2008

Tag, I'm It

I've been tagged for a Getting To Know You meme by Rhonda of Rhoto's Rag.
As I read through my answers, I'm almost embarrassed to be so boring. Oh well, this is it.

WHAT WAS I DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
4I was sewing and knitting, although knitting was a fairly new skill at that time. I learned probably 15 years ago.
4We were still farming actively, so there was a lot of activity in that direction. I drove tractors, combines, trucks, whatever was needed. I still miss my "spring get-in-shape-right-now" program, which mainly involved helping to load the drill during planting. We'd go out about 3 or 4 times a day for this. After about a week or so, when it got almost easy, we were done. I am not a happy exerciser, but I don't mind working for a purpose.
4I was doing a lot of singing and work with music clubs, which I still do.


WHAT ARE 5 THINGS ON MY TO-DO LIST TODAY?
4Work on my woven gloves.
4Work into altering the pattern for my next jacket.
4Decide on a coat project in case I get to sew along with Marji and the gang instead of just reading and wishing.
4Start in again on my draped dress. It's fairly close to done so I might as well get on with it.
4Become acquainted with my sewing room again, perhaps.


SNACKS I ENJOY:
4Crackers
4Chocolate Malt
4Cookies
4Apples, Oranges or Grapes


THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:
4I have no idea. I can't think it would change much immediately. I'd get an accountant to advise me on tax things, and probably set up a foundation to put the money where I would like it to go rather than just let it go in taxes. Personally, I'd like to have a beautifully finished sewing studio, but the main sticking point which is having to endure the mess, time, and strangers in the house while it's being done, wouldn't change if I were a zillionaire, so that might be out anyway.

PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
4Nebraska my whole life. First in Holdrege, now in Lincoln. I've spent extended periods in Southern California, Laguna Beach mainly.

WHAT TYPE(S) OF WORK HAVE I DONE?
4Babysitting to start. 50 cents/hour and double on New Year's Eve!
4Carhop at A&W (I did not like root beer when I began, and I still don't.)
4Office work and sales for a women's department store.
4Cocktail waitress during college.
4Since then I've been at home, and I do a lot with the businesses, but I have no official title or job description. Mainly I make sure everything gets done one way or the other.

5There is a connection between the clothing sales and waitressing jobs. They let us have a charge account at the store and when business was slow, we would try on clothes and talk each other into buying them with our discount. I ended up with a lot of very nice clothing, and a pretty good sized bill. I decided I had to get out of the way of temptation and into someplace I could make enough to pay off my account. It worked.


SIX (6) “PEEPS” I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT. (Somehow this sounds like marshmallow chicks.)
4Barbara Cat Fur Studio
4Mardel Sew Distracted
4Laura Laura's Sewing Room
4Carolyn Diary of a Sewing Fanatic
4Vicki Field Trips in Fiber
4Suzanne Miss Fine Fabrics for Fashion and Fun!

3 comments:

Rhoto said...

Liana, you are the UTMOST of elegant women!! I think it's SO neat that you're also a farmer!!
Thanks for participating in this tag!!
Warm greetings,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Vicki said...

Not boring at all! I would never have imagined you on a tractor. What a capable lady you are :))

Marji said...

Driving a tractor and Cocktail waitressing?!?
I would never have guessed the 2nd. The first I only would have guessed because I know you live on a farm.