Sunday, September 30, 2007

I am a Rockin'Girl Blogger?

Well, I guess I must be. Mardel of Sew Distracted has designated me as such, and what a nice thing to do! I haven't felt much like a rockin' anything lately, so this is a very nice boost to the psyche. If you haven't already read her blog lately, go quickly, and look at the wonderful trims she has found, as well as all her other interesting and lovely projects. She's quite the inspiration, and a wonderful writer as well, with an equally interesting knitting blog.

The skirt that won't work for me will work for someone else, and I finished it yesterday for her. I think it turned out well, and it's really cute. Just not cute on me. I hope she likes it.

I did a muslin of a knit top last night, which turned out kind of cute because of the fabric, which was a cheapie printed jersey. Cream with pale acqua zebra stripes. The top needs major changes beyond what I already did to it, and I won't use this fabric for the final version, as it's really too thin and lightweight, but I may see if I can get some more of it, because it's just really cute.

The handwork on the skirt finishing is where I was practicing with my new thimble ring, and I really like it. One thing that's nice about these thimbles is that the "dimples" where your needle goes are square rather than just rounded depressions, so once it's against the thimble, it's in one of the tiny squares, and can't slide off. All of their designs have this feature, and I think it's a real safety device, to say the least.

2 comments:

Gail said...

I haven't quite figured out the Rockin' Girl Blogger thing yet. Is there a site or did someone just randomly start it up? I see the button occasionally on different blogs, but never an explanation of how it started or what makes a Rockin' Girl Rock!

In the meantime, I will just tell you to "ROCK ON, LIANA!" (beats the alternative, who wants to be known as the Not so rockin' blogger, right)? Very cool designation, so wear it with pride!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

To me, you are the original Rockin' Girl Blogger! I am sure that your blog inspired many including me to set up our own! It is an honor well deserved!