Saturday, April 08, 2006

What To Do

I don't know why, but I've been sort of floundering around, not able to settle to one project. I suppose it's because I can't really make up my mind on what I want to do. What I need to do is finish the Matka Jacket, which really only needs a lining and some finishing touches, but thoughts of blouses just keep pushing it to the back of the line.

I want to use my Little Blouse pattern, but add a button front to it, and sleeves. So, I need to do some pattern work, which shouldn't really be a problem, but for some reason I began altering a very old favorite blouse pattern instead. It's a button front, but has extended shoulders, which I made not quite so extreme, and a long collar, almost like the front of a middy blouse. I had one in white and one in pale gray that I wore a lot, but they and the pattern are much too large now, although there's nothing wrong with the style. Anyway, I got the alterations done tonight, and will try it out tomorrow. Actually, if I like it, I could use the basic style for a button front, V-neck, tie-collar blouse, which is what I wanted to start with, so perhaps this wasn't so abstruse after all. I think I would use the little blouse side seam, hem, armscye and shoulder, and use this front extension, and facing. I have a lovely sleeve that will work very nicely. I'm feeling a little more relaxed already!

No comments: