Saturday, February 05, 2005

Marfy Pattern

I received the Spring/Summer Marfy pattern catalog this week, and I made up one of the two free patterns offered so I could see what size I need to order for the two patterns I want to order. The first one has the most interesting skirt, and the second one is to be made in a print fabric with lace overlay around the edges. I plan on a straight skirt with this one rather than the pleated one shown.

The free pattern is for a top and a kimono sleeved jacket. I made the top and am very pleased with the fit and moderately pleased with the style. It's not something I would have chosen on my own, but it's interesting, and I think I will do some embellishing on the front triangle as is shown, which will improve the general look. I used a jersey fabric for this and skipped the back zipper. This is the free pattern. . It would be cute in crepe too, the other recommended fabric.

Because I wanted to be able to order the Marfy patterns tomorrow, I put off working on my second version of the drafted jacket pattern similar to the one I finished on Thursday. It's a little smaller and more fitted, so I hope I like it as well. I'm using a small houndstooth check in a very pale pink and black. I don't know what it will go with, but I had the fabric, so thought I might as well use it.

No comments: